Helping Victims Make The Right Choices After A Car Accident
The sobering reality is that car accidents happen every day and not always by accident. In many cases, deliberate actions such as texting, speeding or driving under the influence lead to catastrophic collisions that injure or kill innocent people.
You should not have to suffer because of the negligence of others. At Satterley & Kelley PLLC, in Louisville, our lawyers take on the insurance companies of careless drivers and win. We have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
We handle all types of motor vehicle accident cases, including:
- Wrecks involving tractor-trailers and other commercial vehicles
- Crashes involving motorcycles
- Collisions with trains
- Teenage driving accidents
- Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists
- Single-car collisions caused by vehicle defects or unsafe roads
- Wrecks involving uninsured and underinsured motorists
- Distracted driving accidents
- Crashes caused by drunk drivers
Different Types Of Accidents
As a motorist, you are constantly required to identify and respond to hazards. However, accidents can still happen while you are vigilant. Another driver’s negligence can lead to any number of serious collisions:
- Side-impact: You could be far more vulnerable to a driver hitting you in the side, often referred to as a “T-bone” collision. Many car protections are designed for an impact in the direction of travel, while additional protections like side airbags are not universal.
- Rear-end collision: The impact can be more jarring when you do not see it coming. These often happen when you are stopped at an intersection, or yielding to another driver in traffic. Another driver’s distraction or impairment could cause them to hit you at a much higher speed, especially when they fail to apply the brakes.
- Head-on collision: The force is multiplied when you collide with another vehicle traveling in the opposite direction. Though seatbelts and airbags are generally designed for these situations, they aren’t capable of negating such an impact. These types of accidents can cause severe injuries and fatalities.
- Contact while merging: You can lose control and be sent into harm’s way when a car makes contact with the side of your vehicle. Without the ability to steer out of danger, you are susceptible to other vehicles and barriers.
- Multiple vehicle accidents: The damage is likely to compound with more vehicles involved. The greater threat of injuries, the larger amount of danger and the increased number of insurance companies involved can make these serious accidents incredibly challenging to navigate.
Why You Should Seek Legal Advice As Soon As Possible
If you have been involved in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, it is important to speak to an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. Your right to file a personal injury claim is subject to strict time limits. It is crucial to act quickly and preserve your ability to fight for compensation.
Attempting to deal with the insurance company of the at-fault driver on your own can be costly. Insurance adjusters will do almost anything to minimize the amount they have to pay. Here are just a few examples:
- Check your posts on social media for information that can minimize your injury
- Ask you to make a recorded statement and then use your statements against you
- Ask you to sign a release form that will give the insurance company access to all of your medical records — even those that have nothing to do with the accident
- Offer you a lowball settlement that will bring your case to an end
Protect your rights: Understand what steps you should and should not take after a car accident. Review our car accident FAQ for answers to your questions after an accident.
From the negotiation table to the courtroom, our lawyers have the skills and experience to help you get the medical care and financial compensation you need to get your life back on track after an accident.
Want to know if your settlement is fair? We can review the offer made by the insurance company to determine if you’re getting the compensation you need.
Speak To A Car Accident Attorney Today
We are your boots on the ground if you have been injured in a serious accident in Kentucky. Call Satterley & Kelley PLLC to speak with a skilled personal injury lawyer today. Call our office in Louisville at 502-785-8758 (toll-free at 800-655-2117) or complete our contact form to get started.